Monday, August 9, 2010

National "Book Lovers Day" is today!

It's the PERFECT time to grab your favorite book and get a little "me" time in! I do love ANYTHING to do with Colorado History, especially Molly Brown and Baby Doe Tabor. Two incredibly strong and dedicated women that helped put Colorado (Denver in particular) on the map!
Also, I don't know how many of you have read "Little Women" by Louisa May Alcott, but that is one of my favorite books of all time. It is very similar to the writings of Jane Austen, another one of my favorites. Those books showcase how much slower things were way back then and how people treated and respected each other. I do find it refreshing that a lot of the good qualities are still present in today's society, but sorry that we as a people, have not been able to overcome the class lines that still exist. I truly believe that we are continually evolving and will become a better world with the help of our children and our continued awareness. Here's to a wonderful future!!

No comments:

Post a Comment