Sunday, August 22, 2010

Surrounded by Red

This once wild Mustang named Rhett, has traveled on an exciting journey with each one of these ladies. As you probably know, my daughter, Amy is in an organization called Westernaires. My niece, Christine (left), Falyn (right) and my daughter, Amy (on Rhett) have all ridden Rhett on their Westernaire teams up to Red Team. Rhett was able to take Christine and Falyn through Red Team and carried Amy to the door of Red Team. The week before his 3rd time through Red Team, Rhett started to limp during a practice run. We immediately took him to the vet. They did the usual x-ray and then had to deliver the news that Rhett has severe arthritis and was not going to finish Red Team with Amy. I am very happy to say that he is still with us today, as beautiful and regal as ever. I know it upsets Rhett when we go get Amy's new horse, Tovin to run Red Team with her. And I can't tell you how much we miss seeing Rhett run, especially in Corkscrew, but we know he's always there with us. I think he's giving Tovin pointers when we're not there because Tovin is starting to run and act quite a bit like our man, Rhett.....

No comments:

Post a Comment